Content marketing is one of the most effective strategies for promoting websites, products or services. With increasing competition and thousands of products appearing in the market every day, a business must become as efficient as possible and leverage all available strategies.
Content marketing is one of the most powerful weapons in the hands of businesses, as providing quality content is able to bring much more important results than any form of advertising. In today’s article we will analyze what content marketing is, why it is so important and the reasons that many companies ignore in our country.
What is content marketing?
Content marketing is defined as the marketing strategy that focuses on the creation and distribution of useful, quality and relevant content, with the main goal of attracting new audiences, retaining existing ones and then increasing profits for a business.
As a definition we can say that it is quite clear, however it can be analyzed a little further. Content marketing is a long-term strategy, which focuses on developing a stable and reliable relationship with the business audience. In order to achieve this, high quality content writing plays a key role.
Unlike advertising, content marketing offers something useful to the public and of course “shows” that you are really interested in it. After all, at a time when ads are bombarding the internet, users are looking for better quality solutions at a company that shows they really care about them.
Types of content marketing
Content marketing, like any other form of digital marketing, has several subcategories. This means that a comprehensive content marketing strategy can include any of the following:
- Writing blog articles
- Text writing for social media
- Scenarios for videos
- Seminars and presentations
- The most common forms of content marketing are writing blog articles and writing social media posts.
1. Blog content marketing – Blogging
Creating a blog on your official website is the most common and effective form of content marketing. Through a blog, each business is able to provide useful content, such as tips and information, while at the same time promoting its products or services.
Writing articles for your blog, or in a word blogging, is able to offer huge benefits to a business. The most important of these are:
- It brings 3 times more customers than any other through advertising.
- It is ideal for SEO optimization.
- An article is more likely to appear on the first page of Google.
- Blogging strengthens your brand and 52% of businesses already use it.
- Through articles, the interaction with your audience increases.
- Blogging can enhance other forms of digital marketing.
- Its cost is affordable even if you do not write the texts yourself.
- It is a proven long-term internet marketing strategy.
2. Content marketing on social networks
However blogging is not the only content marketing strategy that brings significant results. Creating attractive content for social networks is able to greatly increase the visibility of your company brand name, attract new customers and maximize your profits.
The Benefits of Content Marketing for a Business
The benefits of content marketing are enormous and can be exploited by any business, regardless of size or business. The most important benefits are:
- Economical and brings better results: Content marketing offers the best value for money compared to any other form of digital marketing.
- Increases conversion rate: Quality content is able to more easily persuade the interested audience to become customers for your business.
- Enhances your brand recognition: In general, the contribution of high quality content, is able to form a positive reputation around your brand.
- It not only increases sales but also makes you a market leader: With the right promotion of quality content, your brand can become a leader in its subject matter.
- Guaranteed SEO results: Search engines love quality and useful content. This helps to improve the SEO of your page and consequently to higher rankings in Google.
Why is Content Marketing not popular?
In the world of digital marketing, we can say that we have two major categories of promotions. The first is the one that offers measurable results and detailed statistics. Ads on Google or social media, for example, give you a detailed picture of the amount of investment, how many people were attracted, how many were converted and, of course, how much profit they made to your business.
The second category of digital marketing is the one with the immeasurable results. Such strategies are content marketing and SEO services in general. Although the results of these promotion methods are more important, many people do not choose them.
The main reason is that their results are immeasurable. Everyone knows that optimized content writing helps SEO and brings in new customers. But how many customers made a purchase due to SEO and content marketing? No one can know for sure.
Other reasons that many companies avoid investing in Content marketing is because it is a long-term strategy that requires time and effort. Certainly having sales from day one is tempting, but implementing a comprehensive content marketing strategy will bring you lasting results in the future without having to invest constantly.